Skip to main content

Mom's Bday (Revel Bars)

I also wanted to make revel bars for the party coz I love it really much! Hehe.

Ingredients: 3 c. Quick cooking oats, 2 c. packed brown sugar, 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour, 1 bar butter, 1 tsp. salt, 2 pcs. eggs, 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsps. vanilla extract.







Cream butter, add sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs.








Meanwhile, sift flour together with baking powder and salt. Mix together with oats.







Pour in flour mixture into butter mixture, mixing well using a wooden spoon.







It would then become like this.








Make the chocolate: 1 1/2 cocoa powder, 2 tbsps. butter, 1 cup condensed milk, 1/2 tsp. salt.
Heat all ingredients over low heat in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.





Press 2/3 of the oat mixture into the bottom of a slightly greased 9x13" pan or wider. Spread chocolate over the top and dot with the remaining mixture. It should look something like this. Bake for 30-35 mins at 350 F.






How it looks like when cooked. Cool completely before cutting into bars.








Already cut in bars, placed in paper cups.








Ooh la la...








I got a chewy soft and fudgy chocolate bars.

Comments

abnkkbsnplakono said…
hi... love your blog... hehe tried to bake the revel Bars but did not look as beautiful as yours... Anyways... how many cocoa do I need? it was not indicated on the recipe... thanks
BeRRy HaLLey said…
Hello! sorry for the late reply.. it's 1 1/2 cup, it was shown on making the chocolate part. You can also use chocolate chips if you want. ^_^
Anonymous said…
hi there! i tried this and i think i did not make it right but it still tasted amazing. my chocolate part of the bar is still quite watery. when you put it in the saucepan when will you stop? how can you describe the consistency of the chocolate part?
salamat!
BeRRy HaLLey said…
You can try to cook the chocolate mixture a little bit more if you want. Just be careful not to burn it. The mixture will not become watery because we're using condensed milk. Consistency is not too thick but not watery either (still pourable and spreadable). Also try to bake your revel bars longer as you may have underbaked it. A simple tip to achieve chewy revel bars is to refrigerate the 'oatmeal mixture' for at least 30mins before baking it. :)
Anonymous said…
Baking soda or baking powder? Can i use either of the two? In the ingredients u saud baking soda but in the procedure you wrote baking powder. Just confused! Thanks
Unknown said…
Your bars looking really delicious

Popular posts from this blog

Mom's Bday (Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake)

Mom celebrated her birthday last Sunday and I was the one in charge of the sweets. Since I'm not YET into the fancy world of cake decorating, I decided to make everyone's all time favorite moist chocolate cake , and it's ULTRA moist this time! Ingredients: 2 1/2 c. cake flour, 2 1/2 c. sugar, 6 pcs. egg yolks, 1 bar butter, 3/4 c. cocoa powder, 1/4 c. evaporated milk, 1 1/2 tbsp. baking soda, 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 c. mayonnaise or 1 tbsp. vinegar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Cream butter until light and fluffy, add sugar and egg yolks. Dissolve cocoa powder in boiling water. Combine flour mixture (sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) alternately with cocoa into butter mixture. Incorporate milk in between. Stir in mayonnaise and vanilla. Batter becomes thin. Pour in a greased and lined pan. Bake for 40 mins at 35...

What's on your sweets list?

Hey! Guess what? It's gonna be christmas again! Wow.. It's been more than a year now since I last posted on this blog. I've been busy job hunting back then and I'm fortunate enough to get myself one at last! I still did bake for my family and friends, but haven't really baked to experiment or to test out a recipe yet. Do you already have a list of sweet goodies in mind to add up on your menu this festive day? Or am I too early for this? ^_^ I just can't help it.. I get thrilled when I hear December! ^0^ I might try making fruitcake this time, it's a traditional christmas cake which I'm not really a fan of coz the taste of raisins dominate the entire cake (in my opinion, hehe). I'm also excited about trying blackforest cake -- I've been eating them but never tried baking them myself, so why not make myself one for a change? I guess that's about it for now. I'm actually trying to lose weight here, but with this baking thing again, I'm...