I Fell in Love with Baking...

..and those who are struck with the same emotion would surely understand.

If professional bakers have their unlucky days, how much more for a self-taught, learning baker like me? Well, I guess we all get our turn. But to really perfect our cakes and pastries besides constant practice is to also understand the science behind it, as baking is not just an art, in fact it's more of an applied science.

I still consider myself a learning baker, and hopefully, will master this science+art through the years. I created this blog because I wanted to share with you my happy and disastrous baking experiences here at home. One tip that I want you guys to keep in mind, always bake with love. I hope you will enjoy my entries and please do share your ideas here so we can learn from each other. Have fun, bakers!

Monday, November 23, 2009

What's on your sweets list?

Hey! Guess what? It's gonna be christmas again! Wow.. It's been more than a year now since I last posted on this blog. I've been busy job hunting back then and I'm fortunate enough to get myself one at last! I still did bake for my family and friends, but haven't really baked to experiment or to test out a recipe yet.

Do you already have a list of sweet goodies in mind to add up on your menu this festive day? Or am I too early for this? ^_^ I just can't help it.. I get thrilled when I hear December! ^0^

I might try making fruitcake this time, it's a traditional christmas cake which I'm not really a fan of coz the taste of raisins dominate the entire cake (in my opinion, hehe). I'm also excited about trying blackforest cake -- I've been eating them but never tried baking them myself, so why not make myself one for a change?

I guess that's about it for now. I'm actually trying to lose weight here, but with this baking thing again, I'm having second thoughts!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Hi im loving the looks of your chocolate cake.. I would want to know how many grams or cups of butter you use for the batter and the frosting? and lastly, how many cups of water you use to boil the cocoa with? thank so much you can email me at mariefdl@gmail.com thanks! looking forward thanks for sharing